- Since this is a studio, do you photograph my wedding or is it someone else? Not to worry, when you hire me, you get me. The package prices listed are for hiring me. Although I have others that will be the second photographer if you've selected that option, and depending on the package you've purchased, I may have an assistant with us as well.
- How many edited images will I receive? All your images are edited based on the image itself. Certain photos by the editors discretion will apply stylized elements. In terms of quantity of photos you will receive, I can safely say you will receive more than 75 photos per hour. It typically is closer to 100 per hour, but it depends on your event and timeline. Although having a 2nd photographer will increase the number of images you receive, it does not double the amount.
- Are the images high resolution? Yes, the more technical part of high resolution is more about the dpi than the megabyte size of the file. You will receive files in 300 dpi, and roughly up to 7 mb per file (depending on crop). That's usually large enough for a 16x20 enlargement. Need something larger? They can be purchased as needed. Either for the file or by ordering the print from our studio.
- How long will it take for me to receive my photos? It typically takes 4 weeks to turn your images around, however in the peak of the season, it may take up to 6 weeks. Although I currently have a photo editor and could deliver them sooner, I still review every image myself and apply final edits and stylization as needed, after all, no-one knows better, the intent of the picture then the person that took it. Your photos are uploaded online and you are sent a private link to share with others. Your DVD/Thumb drive ships about a week or two later. Although the thumb drive/DVD is great to have to archive your images, most clients find the website easier to navigate their photos then the thumb drive and often review them and download as needed. With the packages listed, you receive two years of free online gallery storage. You can then add an additional year for $14.99 or two additional years for $19.99.
- My venue requires liability insurance, are you able to provide proof of insurance? Absolutely! If your venue requires it, I just call my insurance company to have the venue added as an "Additional Insured" and the insurance company will automatically mail them a copy of it. I am also a state licensed business in VA, MD, PA, and DC under an LLC.
- What if I lose my archived DVD/Thumb drive and they are no longer online? This is a great question and one that should always be asked, but doesn't get asked very often. Yes, I probably have them backed up. But let me take a minute and talk about my back up process. First I use Professional series cameras that have two storage slots and I configure the cameras to use the second card as backup, so every picture I take is immediately backed up in the camera. Once the event is done, I almost immediately download them into my computer. I like to see some of the images taken and try to send you a picture or two within 72 hours. Once they are downloaded, I then back them up again on an external drive. Then and only then, will I delete them from the storage cards. Until I deliver your images to you, they are safely always located in two different spots. When the external drive is full, and this happens about once a year, I don't delete the files, I start with a new external hard drive and store away the full one. Although I don't guarantee it anywhere since something could always happen years from now, my goal is to store your files for at least 10 years, if not longer.
- Have you worked at the venue before? There's a chance that I haven't, but don't let that concern you. Any venue I have not photographed at before, I will always visit before had. I usually try to take a look for different areas and back grounds to find something different than what other photographers may have done to create some unique photos for you along with some of the main attractions of the venue. Looking at it through a different lens so to speak, I think you'll be very pleased on the day of your event that I can help guide you smoothly through the venue for some terrific shots.
I'd be thrilled to answer any question that wasn't listed here, feel free to email me and I'll answer you back as soon as possible.